Add a Piazza Link to Your Blackboard Course
What is Piazza?
Piazza is an online platform that facilitates interaction among students. It started as a way to help students who were stuck on homework problems get unstuck with the help of their classmates, TAs, and professors.
Over time, with valuable feedback from thousands of instructors, the product has evolved to become a centralized place for instructors to conduct all class related communication where –
- you can answer students’ questions once for all students to see
- your students can engage with classmates in online discussion
- you can post class related announcements
- you can post class files, resources and the class syllabus
- you can conduct polls to get a sense of where students stand
- you can receive/send private messages from/to students on more sensitive subject matters
For more information click here.
How to Add a Piazza Link To Your Blackboard Course
- Browse to your course in Blackboard.
- From your course menu, click on a content folder link, such as Content or Course Materials.
- Hover on Build Content and select Web Link to add the link
- Enter a name for the link, such as Piazza
- Enter this URL: https://piazza.com/connect
- Check the box for This link is to a Tool Provider
- We recommend opening the Piazza link in a new window so you do not lose the Blackboard course navigation. Under Web Link Options, set Open in New Window: Yes
- Click Submit.
- You will now see a Piazza link in the content folder where you added it.
- Click the Piazza link in your course menu to create a Piazza for your class discussions.
- NOTE: Students will not be able to access Piazza until you complete this step.