Note: JHU plans to upgrade to Q4 2019 on December 28, 2020.
Supported Desktop Browsers
|Safari1||12+ (Mac OS only)|
1. WebRTC isn’t presently supported on these browsers, so the Create Recording feature will not work on these browsers. Both Microsoft and Apple have expressed they intend to support this standard in the future, in both Edge and Safari, respectively. These browsers can play back recordings created by the feature without issue.
2. Google Chrome versions 42+, Mozilla Firefox versions 52+, and Microsoft Edge don’t support NPAPI-type plug-ins, including Java plug-ins and many media browser plug-ins. Blackboard doesn’t support these browsers for using embedded media types that require third-party NPAPI plug-ins for viewing.
3. The latest update to Google Chrome (Chrome 80) includes some changes to how the browser handles third-party cookies. These changes may affect tools that integrate with Blackboard Learn using the Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) standard, Building Blocks (B2s), and REST APIs. If you have trouble accessing a Learn tool using Chrome 80, edit your browser’s settings to Allow sites to save and read cookie data. You can find instructions at Google Chrome Help.
4. Support for Internet Explorer ended with Blackboard Learn 9.1 Q4 2018. Older releases may still work using this browser. Microsoft ended active development for Internet Explorer in January 2016. Some newer features in Learn may not work, including Attendance and Create Recording. Reported issues isolated to Internet Explorer will not be resolved by Product Support. We recommend using another browser.
5. A known Microsoft Edge issue has caused problems attaching and submitting open Microsoft Office files in Blackboard Learn courses. To help prevent file submission problems, if you use Microsoft Edge, Learn warns you that you should close files before uploading them. The message only displays the first time you encounter a file upload workflow in a Learn session.
Supported Mobile Browsers
|Browser||Mobile Browser Versions||Learn 2016 Theme|
|Safari||With iOS 11+||Compatible*|
* Modern mobile browsers are generally considered compatible when using the Learn 2016 theme and user-added materials are mobile-compatible. Not all tools and workflows have been optimized for mobile use. Issues reported for tools that aren’t yet optimized for mobile devices may be considered an enhancement request.
Blackboard strives to make all its products as accessible as possible. JAWS 18 and 17 are used during accessibility testing of each Blackboard Learn release.
When using a screen reader, use ChromeTMand JAWS® on Windows® and use Safari® and VoiceOver on a Mac® . Visit Accessibility to learn more about Blackboard’s approach to accessible software.