We will soon be upgrading to the latest version of Blackboard Learn™, 9.1 Q2 2016, which will provide a more user friendly and modern experience for you as a daily user of the system.
Q2 2016 RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS:
Q2 2016 is primarily a maintenance release. The bug fixes and enhancements in this release are primarily focused on improvements to accessibility, language packs, assessments, grading, and Enterprise Surveys.
- Improvements to the Mobile Web Services
- Announcement Date Restriction Default: When creating an announcement, “Not Date Restricted” is now selected by default.
- Escaping Special Characters – When a user uploads a file to Learn and the filename contains special characters (such as / \ : ? * ” < > | ), the system replaces the special character with an underscore ( _ ).
- Browser Support – Learn 9.1 now supports the Microsoft Edge browser. Some new browser releases no longer support NPAPI plugins. Without these plugins, some Learn features may not render correctly.
- HTML5 Support – The Content Editor now supports HTML5 Audio and Video playback in Chrome and Edge browsers.
- Virtual Classroom/Chat course tools have been removed – Support for Virtual Classroom and Chat course tools will be ending with this release. At JHU, a supported alternative for synchronous communication would be Adobe Connect.
- Record from Webcam – Since Google removed YouTube’s Record from Webcam feature, the Content Editor has been updated with the following changes:
- The YouTube icon image has been changed.
- The alt text now reads Browse My YouTube Videos.
- The Record tab has been removed and all users are now defaulted to the Browse tab to search existing videos.