Blackboard continues their commitment and investment in the Learn Original Experience (Learn 9.1). The following release highlights were delivered in the Learn 9.1 Q4 2018 and Q2 2019 releases.
Enhancements through Platform Features
- Delegated Grading: Grant reconcile privileges (Q4 2018)
- Grade assignments with the mobile app (Q4 2018)
- NewBoxView is default service for inline grading & Download annotated PDF (Q4 2018)
- New Originality Report available for SafeAssign integration (Q2 2019)
- Calendar items and due date notifications for additional content types (Q2 2019)
Standards and Interoperability
As a leader in openness, Blackboard continues to invest in expanding support for standards and interoperability within Learn to give institutions increasing options for expanding and defining their unique EdTech platforms.
- Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) placement improvements (Q4 2018)
Integrate tools using LTI Advantage (Q2 2019)
Blackboard Learn is the first major LMS to be LTI Advantage certified and make LTI Advantage available in Production. LTI Advantage is the latest in interoperability standards for integrating tools into a learning environment. The capabilities of LTI Advantage are broader and allow for deeper and more secure integrations than with the previous versions of LTI.
Support for IMS Global’s Questions and Test Interoperability (QTI) specification (Q2 2019)
Instructors and instructional designers use various technologies to develop assessments and need to be able to move assessment items such as questions from one system to another easily. To ensure compatibility and easy re-use, IMS Global developed the Question and Test Interoperability (QTI) standard so questions can be shared between learning management and assessment systems. In this release, instructors and course builders can add QTI packages to Blackboard Learn courses.
Quality and Maintenance
Blackboard continues to make changes to technologies and processes to further improve quality. This includes improvements to security frameworks and processes to achieve various security certifications, performance improvements, changes to address compliance with ever-evolving global regulations, and updating technologies and libraries used within the application.
- SCORM patch for upcoming Google Chrome version 80 changes (early 2020)
- Preliminary changes for Inline Assignment Grading to automatically display submitted Audio and Video files when the New Box View replacement (Re:Mark) is released (mid-to-late 2020).