VoiceThread is web-based presentation software that allows users to create and share interactive multimedia slideshows. VoiceThread presentations are used to showcase audio, video, images, and documents while allowing users to comment on them in a variety of different ways.
It is now possible to use a tool to easily display VoiceThread presentations within Blackboard and share them with the class.
Making the VoiceThread Tool Available
- From the Control Panel in your course, choose Customization > Tool Availability.
- Scroll down the list of tools to find the VoiceThread entry and check the box to the far right.
- Click Submit.
The VoiceThread tool should now be available in your course. To check this, go to any Content Area (i.e. Course Content) in your course and select the Tools dropdown at the top. You should now see VoiceThread as one of the options.
Adding a VoiceThread to Blackboard
- Once inside your course, make sure Edit Mode (upper right corner) has been turned on.
- Navigate to the content area within your course where you want to add the VoiceThread link. In this case, we’ll select Course Content.
- Click Tools and select VoiceThread.
- Fill in a name and description, if desired.
- Attach a file if desired. Note: This is not how you link to the VoiceThread. This option is for other files (.docx, .pdf, etc.) that may accompany the VoiceThread.
- if you plan to make this link a VoiceThread Assignment, set Enable Grading to Yes. Otherwise, leave the Enable Grading option set to No.
- Choose whether or not to allow users to view the link at this time, open it in a new window, and also track the number of views or not. Select date and time restrictions if desired. Click Submit.
- The link will appear in your content area.
- Click the link to connect it to VoiceThread.You now have a choice of what the link will do:
- Course View will display all VoiceThreads that are shared with this course.
- Individual VT will link to a single VoiceThread that has already been created.
- VT Home will display the VoiceThread home page.
- Assignment Builder creates a graded assignment for students to complete. You can require them to create a VoiceThread of their own to submit, to comment on a VoiceThread you’ve created, or simply to watch a VoiceThread start to finish. See Adding a VoiceThread Assignment to Blackboard (Video Demo)
- We’ll select the Individual VT option to link to a particular VoiceThread that has already been created.
- Next, select a VoiceThread from the list to share with the class.
- Click the Share with Class button.
- The VoiceThread is now shared with the class.
For further resources, please refer to https://voicethread.com/howto/blackboard-2/