The Johns Hopkins Qualtrics enterprise has pre-configured email domains that can be used for survey distribution. This allows emails from Qualtrics to be recognized as “safe” when received at Hopkins email addresses. Qualtrics support documentation on Email Distribution.
Survey Distribution using your JHED ID and JH Email Domain:
- Once ready, navigate to the Distributions section of your survey
- Click Emails > Compose Email
- Configure the distribution to your liking. The From: should use the following:
- From Address – JHEDID@mail500.jh.edu
- From Name – Your name (who the survey should appear to be coming from)
- Reply-to Email – Email address which replies should be sent to
- Once the distribution has been sent, the message received will be delivered by the From Address you configured above (JHEDID@mail500.jh.edu). Replies to the distribution will be sent to the Reply-To Email specified.
JH – Standard users within the enterprise have access to three pre-configured, Johns Hopkins-branded themes, that can be applied to both new and pre-existing surveys. All themes follow branding guidelines outlined for Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Johns Hopkins University
JH University and Medicine
Adding Johns Hopkins Single Sign On (SSO) authentication is a great way to add a layer of security and restriction to your surveys. Anyone without JHED credentials will NOT be able to access your survey. Learn more about Qualtrics Authenticators. Below you will find steps to configure the JH SSO authenticator on your survey(s).
- Once your survey has been created, navigate to the Survey flow tab on the left side of the screen.
- From the Survey flow screen, select Add a New Element Here and then Authenticator from the list of available options.
- Configure the Branch on Successful Authentication screen as follows:
- Authentication Type: SSO
- Associate Respondent With Panel: Unselected
- Capture respondent identifying info: Selected – this will allow you to capture pre-populated, identifying information when the user authenticates, such as JHED ID, name, department, etc. See below for a list of fields available.
- SSO Type: Shibboleth
- Click Apply at the bottom right of the screen to apply your SSO configuration.
Available Identifying Information fields from SSO (Embedded Data)
Preferred First Name
Entity (e.g. Johns Hopkins University)
Qualtrics has a number of authenticator options available for customization. Users can adjust the maximum number of authentication attempts, authentication prompt text, error text, and more. Please refer to Qualtrics Authenticator Options for more details on how to adjust these settings.
With a Qualtrics account in the JH enterprise license, you can contact Qualtrics directly for support with their product. This would include technical assistance with the system, survey platform, and questions around features and other functionality.
To get in contact with their support team, please navigate to https://www.qualtrics.com/support/.
Note: In order to contact their support team, you must be logged into your Qualtrics account. Below are steps to contact support from within your Qualtrics account:
- Login into your Qualtrics account at jh.qualtrics.com
- Click the Help icon in the top right corner.
Once logged in, you will be able to select the nature of your support request, which area of the Qualtrics product you are referencing, and then a contact method (chat, email, or phone).
- To visit their support site which features how-to articles, training, and support guides, please select Support Site
- To get in touch with their technical support team, please select Contact Support
- If prompted to sign in when attempting to Contact Support, use the Sign in with SSO option for JHED-based user accounts and enter jh for the Organization ID. Otherwise, enter your Qualtrics username and password
JH Qualtrics Administrators
The JH Qualtrics enterprise consists of both primary or “brand” administrators as well as divisional administrators, who manage their users within a Qualtrics division under the main license. These administrators can typically assist you with access and permission-based support needs, transferring content ownership between users, and other general questions about the product.
To get in contact with the JH Qualtrics Administrators, please submit a Support Request.
If you require assistance and your account is part of an external Qualtrics instance (not within jh.qualtrics.com), please refer to Support by Qualtrics Instance for your appropriate support contact.
Below you will find a list of non-enterprise instances of Qualtrics that are affiliated with JH. If you do not have an account in the enterprise (jh.qualtrics.com), please contact the support contact listed for your division/instance of Qualtrics.
If you do not see your instance/division listed below, please submit a Qualtrics Support Request.
JH – Limited
Upon initial login to the enterprise license of Qualtrics (jh.qualtrics.com), all users will automatically be provisioned a JH – Limited user type. Available features and limitations with this role are listed below:
|Includes access to
||Limitations/No Access to
- Core XM
- Create surveys
- View results/data collected
- Built-in Qualtrics themes
- Limited distribution of surveys
- Johns Hopkins branded themes
- XM Directory
JH – Standard
The JH – Standard user type provides an expanded set of permissions and available features. To upgrade your Qualtrics account from the JH – Limited role, please submit a request using the Upgrade to JH – Standard request form to have your account upgraded to the JH-Standard user type by the JH Qualtrics support team. You will be notified once the request has been fulfilled.
Expanded features and added permissions include:
- Unlimited surveys, active surveys, and responses
- Unlimited responses and questions per survey
- XM Directory
- API access
- Johns Hopkins branded themes
- Predict IQ
- Text IQ
- and more
Qualtrics is a cloud-based platform used to create surveys, distribute surveys, and analyze the responses and data collected all in one location. Some of the high-level features include:
- Customizable survey look and appearance.
- Variety of basic and advanced question types such as multiple choice to file uploads, timers, and heat maps.
- Advanced data analysis, reporting, and customizable dashboards for collected survey responses.
- Conditional logic available to re-route users for more complex survey designs.
- Built-in distribution methods, such as anonymous links, email, QR codes, and more.
- Multiple sharing options to allow easily collaboration with both internal and external Qualtrics users.
- Translate surveys into different languages.
JH Qualtrics Enterprise License
Due to our collective usage of Qualtrics increasing year after year, Johns Hopkins has established an enterprise license of the platform which permits an unlimited number of user accounts with unlimited responses per year. In addition, the following features are included within the enterprise: