– Important Notice: Live Transcription is not available to users in the JHM/HIPAA instance of Zoom. For other subaccounts/accounts, this feature may not yet be available to you. Please follow Enabling/Disabling Live Transcription in User Settings below for instructions on activating this feature. If you do not see the Live Transcription service option, it is not yet available to you. We anticipate this feature being available to all users within the next three to four months. Please check back periodically for updates.
Zoom’s Live Transcription feature automatically transcribes the audio and speech from a Zoom meeting or webinar to text for participants to view during the session. This feature is enabled by the host once the meeting or webinar begins. Participants will not see the transcription if the host does not initiate the feature.
- Enabling/Disabling Live Transcription in User Settings
- Using Live Transcription
- Typed Closed Captioning
Enabling/Disabling Live Transcription in User Settings
- Login to Zoom at the web.
- From the desktop client, click the Settings icon > General > View More Settings, which will re-direct you to the web.
– Please Note: If this setting is enabled, participants will also have the ability to save a copy of the transcript. This setting enables the saving functionality for both the host and participants.
Using Live Transcription
As a Host:
- Start your Zoom meeting or webinar.
- Click Live Transcript from your Zoom toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select Enable Auto-Transcription.
- With the Auto-Transcription enabled and running, you will see transcripts displayed as subtitles.
– Please Note: If you are recording the session locally, subtitles will not be included. If you are recording to the Cloud, subtitles will be included when viewing the recording at the web, but not with the downloaded recording.
- To view the full transcript, click the caret (^) above Live Transcript and select View Full Transcript.
- To save a copy of the transcript without recording the session, you will need the Save Captions setting enabled above.
- To disable Live Transcription, click Live Transcript from your Zoom toolbar at the bottom of the screen and then click Disable Auto-Transcription
As a Participant:
- If the host has Live Transcription enabled, you will see both subtitles and the full transcript.
- Subtitles will automatically appear on your screen.
- To disable the subtitles, click click the caret (^) above Live Transcript and select Hide Subtitle.
- To adjust your subtitle settings, click the caret (^) above Live Transcript and select Subtitle Settings.
- Click Live Transcript from your Zoom toolbar at the bottom of the screen and select View Full Transcript.
- If the host is allowing participants to save a copy of the transcript, click Save Transcript at the bottom of the transcript window.
– Please Note: If you join the session after Live Transcription has already been enabled, you will only see the transcript from the point in which you joined (no prior transcript).
Typed Closed Captioning
In addition to Live Transcription, Zoom also offers the ability for the host to assign a designated “closed captioner”. This meeting attendee is then responsible for manually typing/entering the captions as the session progresses. For more details, please visit Zoom’s Managing and viewing closed captioning page.
Please note the following:
- When using both Live Transcription and manually-entered closed captions while recording locally, the transcript will include both in the same file.
- When recording to the Cloud with manually-entered closed captions, these will be displayed as subtitles when viewing the recording from the web, but will not be included with the downloaded recording.
Please visit our Zoom FAQ page.