Need to take your interviews online? Try using Zoom!
The following options outline how to transition in-person interview days/weeks into an online format. This is from the perspective of the interview coordinator. Please review the following to find out what format may best suit your needs.
- Each interviewer and coordinator user MUST have a Licensed Account
- JHED-based accounts (suggested method) can be provisioned through the IT Services Catalog!
- Service Accounts can be requested by emailing the JH Zoom Team.
- Scheduling Privileges:
- The coordinator should use the Delegated Scheduling through Zoom to coordinate the meeting for all of the interviewers.
- Email instructions for interviewers to assign the coordinator scheduling privileges.
- If you have multiple interviewers per room, make one the host, and the other(s) Alternative Host(s) on that meeting, just in case the main host is not available.
Pros & Cons
|Option 1: Create a Meeting Per Candidate||
|Option 2: Create a Meeting Per Interviewer||
|Option 3: Using Breakout Rooms||
Set Up Steps
Step 1: Map out your interview day, EVERY aspect.
Organize every aspect using a spreadsheet. This should include breaks, discussion time, group activities, and any opening/closing sessions. Here’s a sample!
Step 2: Create the Meetings
Step 3: Send out meeting info.
Set your both your Interviewers & Candidates up for success:
- Send emails to each candidate with their personalized schedule and the Meeting ID(s) they’ll need to join. Sample itinerary for candidates.
- Send emails to each interviewer with the Meeting ID accompanied by the schedule with when they meet each candidate. Sample email for interviewers. Include login instructions, and reminders of how to manage the Waiting Room (if you go with Option 2). Sample itinerary for interviewers.
Step 4: Practice makes perfect!
Set up a few practice sessions with your team, and have enough participants to make it seem “realistic”.
At the very least, if you cannot find a time to practice that works for all the the interviewers, ensure the interviews know how to log in, get to their meeting, and can operate the Waiting Room (if you go with Option 2).
Step 5: Execute with ease.
With enough practice, the event should go off without any issues.
For Example: The meeting you are joining has a Meeting ID of 6672087529, you would enter a URL https://zoom.us/wc/join/6672087529.
You can review the recorded training at your convenience.
Have any questions? Reach out to your JH Zoom Team.