– Effective February 22, 2021:
We are excited to announce that we have signed a revised BAA with Zoom to lift restrictions on Cloud Recording and Reporting in the JHM (HIPAA-compliant) instance of Zoom in the JH enterprise. This impacts the following features:
- Cloud Recording – Users now have the ability to record to the Zoom Cloud, which includes automatic, post-recording transcription.
- Recording of clinical care, including telemedicine care, is prohibited without with the written consent of the patient.
- Automatic Live Transcription is not a suitable replacement for medical transcription services. Please contact JHM Language Services for more information on real-time transcription service for medical discussions.
- Cloud Recordings are automatically deleted after 180 days. You will need to download them locally before they are automatically deleted if you wish to retain a copy. Zoom will send you a reminder email before the deletion occurs.
- In-Meeting Chat – Allows copy/paste from chat messages and [if configured by the host] saving of the meeting chat.
- Automatic Live Transcription / Closed Captioning – This feature is now available for use during live Zoom sessions. Copies of the transcript(s) are also included with both Cloud and Local recordings. If you are recording to the Zoom Cloud, a transcript will automatically be provided within the recording. If your session requires live captioning/transcription or you are recording locally, please refer to our guide on Live Transcription and review the HIPAA Guidelines.
- Reporting – Zoom reports will now include identifiable participant information.
For more information, please see our HIPAA FAQ.