– Effective February 22, 2021:
We are excited to announce that we have signed a revised BAA with Zoom to lift restrictions on Cloud Recording and Reporting in the JHM (HIPAA-compliant) instance of Zoom in the JH enterprise. This impacts the following features:
- Cloud Recording – Users now have the ability to record to the Zoom Cloud, which includes automatic, post-recording transcription.
- In-Meeting Chat – Allows copy/paste from chat messages and [if configured by the host] saving of the meeting chat.
- Automatic Live Transcription / Closed Captioning – This feature is now available for use during live Zoom sessions. Copies of the transcript(s) are also included with both Cloud and Local recordings. If you are recording to the Zoom Cloud, a transcript will automatically be provided within the recording. If your session requires live captioning/transcription or you are recording locally, please refer to our guide on Live Transcription and review the HIPAA Guidelines.
- Reporting – Zoom reports will now include identifiable participant information.
For more information, please see our HIPAA FAQ.